Chevy Warning Light Guide for Deland, FL Drivers
There are many lights on your car’s dashboard, and these can all be your car’s way of telling you that something is wrong and that you’re in need of Chevy service.
It’s wise to familiarize yourself with the various warning lights your Chevy vehicle might show you. These warning lights are meant to tell you that you need to visit the mechanics at Starling Chevrolet as quickly as possible.
Your Warning Lights
Generally, you can expect to find lights that look like these in any Chevy car, truck, or SUV:
- Battery-Shaped Icon: You might see this light turn on as your start up your car, but if it doesn’t turn off as you start driving that could indicate a problem with your charging system. A bad battery could strand you somewhere with a car that won’t start, so you’ll want to have it replaced or inspected soon.
- Circled Exclamation Point: This is an indication of problems with your brake system. Responsive brakes keep you safe, so getting this problem checked out and seeing if you need new Chevy parts as soon as possible is a good idea.
- Engine-Shaped Light: This can be a general indicator of engine trouble. Usually just referred to as a “check engine light,” this warning light can be a sign of many types of mechanical problems. It’s wise to talk to our mechanics so that they can diagnose the issue.
- Change Engine Oil: This light conveniently says just what you need to do. Oil lubricates your engine and protects it from damage, so you never want to skip oil changes.
- Gas Pump: The light that looks like a gas pump indicates that you’re running low on fuel. Stop off at a gas station as soon as you can.
- Coolant Temp Light: This light looks like a line with three notches in a ripple of water. This light turning on is a sign of your engine overheating. You need to turn off your car and get your vehicle to a mechanic soon.
Our Chevy Service Center
If you’ve noticed engine warning lights or other signs of mechanical problems, remember we’re here to help. We make it easy to schedule an appointment online and our skilled technicians know your vehicle inside and out.
Visit our Central Florida Chevy dealers and mechanics and see how we can help you with all of your automotive needs.